If you are often tired throughout the day, the issue may be more severe than simply restless sleep. Sleep apnea could be the root of the problem and may contribute to poor sleep patterns. This is characterized by periods where breaths are missed, sometimes lasting as long as ten seconds. Luckily, sleep apnea is easily treatable and Jason L. Downey offers the best sleep apnea treatment in Las Vegas.
Before you contact our Las Vegas office to schedule an appointment, let our knowledgeable staff fill you in on what makes ours the best sleep apnea treatment in Las Vegas. Also, let us explain the signs of sleep apnea, how it can affect your life, and how we can help treat the issue.
Signs and Effects of Sleep Apnea
If you are chronically tired, sleep apnea may be the underlying cause. However, there are a number of other signs of sleep apnea that you should look out for. Loud snoring is another symptom that is relatively noticeable you can look out for. You may need the assistance of a family member or a loved one to determine if you snore or have restless sleep throughout the night.
Worse yet, sleep apnea can have a number of negative effects on your life. Some of these negative effects are:
- High Blood Pressure: Because sleep apnea lowers your oxygen levels, your heart and blood vessels must work harder to pump blood through your body. This can lead to high blood pressure, which can increase your risk for other diseases.
- Increased Risk of Stroke: Because your blood and nervous systems have to work harder due to decreased oxygen levels, your chances of having a stroke increase.
- Mood Disorders: Loss of sleep can have a huge impact on your mood. Depression and anxiety are more common as a result of sleep apnea issues.
- Memory Problems: Loss of sleep can also make it harder for you to remember to finish tasks at work or school.
- Problems Concentrating: In addition to memory problems, sleep apnea and a loss of sleep can lead to problems focusing and concentrating.
The Best Sleep Apnea Treatment in Las Vegas
There are a number of sleep apnea treatments available and here at the office of Jason L. Downey, DDS, we offer the best sleep apnea treatment in Las Vegas. CPAP Machines are a viable option for treating sleep apnea, although to completely rid yourself of the issue, lifestyle changes may be necessary.
In some extreme cases of sleep apnea, surgery is required to help improve breathing ability at night. We can access your situation and determine the best sleep apnea treatment for you.
Contact Jason L. Downey Today!
If you suffer from sleep apnea, we can help alleviate the discomfort that accompanies such. You can contact our Las Vegas dental office online or give us a call at 702.871.4903 to schedule an appointment today!