When it comes to finding the right restorative treatment, it's important to consider the advantages that each treatment offers. While dental implants are the most modern form of tooth replacement, they offer a number of important advantages over alternative treatments like dental bridges. As such, we wanted to spend some time highlighting the advantages of dental implants!
At Jason L. Downey DDS, we're proud to provide dental implants to those around Las Vegas. With Dr. Downey and our experienced team, you can rest assured that your restorative treatment will bring your smile back to its original look and feel. If you're interested in any of our dental services, don't hesitate to contact our Las Vegas office today! Otherwise, keep reading to learn the advantages of dental implants.
How do Dental Implants Work?
Dental implants are a state of the art restorative treatment that can be used to replace single teeth, a row of teeth, or to support a whole set of dentures. Implants utilize a titanium anchor piece that is fused to the jaw to provide support for the prosthetic tooth.
This anchor piece is a titanium rod that acts as a tooth root. Once the rod is fused with the jaw bone, a prosthetic tooth or set of teeth can be attached to the rod, providing a different kind of support than with treatments like dental bridges, which utilize adhesives to attach the prosthetics to surrounding teeth.
Dental Implant Advantages
- More Durable: Dental implants utilize an anchor point that provides much greater durability compared with alternative treatments, most of which utilize adhesives to connect to nearby teeth. As such, dental implants are a long term solution.
- Eat What you Want: Because of their added durability, those with dental implants can eat the foods they want without having to worry about damaging the replacement tooth or teeth.
- Jaw Bone Health: When you lose a tooth, the jaw bone underneath that tooth begins to melt away. The titanium rod in dental implants stimulates the jaw bone and eliminates the risk for such bone recession
- Improved Appearance: Dental implants can stand alone amidst the rest of the teeth. They not only feel real, but also look real to the outside eye!
- Low Maintenance: Even though they look and feel like real teeth, dental implants are impervious to things like cavities, which can take some stress away from the hygiene process.
Jason L. Downey DDS, the Best Dentist in Las Vegas
If you're interested in quality dental care, including dental implants, around Las Vegas, don't hesitate to contact Jason L. Downey DDS today! You can call us at 702.871.4903 to schedule a consultation. Or, feel free to contact us here!