If unsightly metal fillings are keeping you from sharing your smile, tooth-colored fillings may be just what you've been looking for. Tooth-colored fillings are a fantastic option to replace metal fillings or treat cavities. Las Vegas-based cosmetic dentist Jason L. Downey and his team offer tooth-colored fillings to restore both dental appearance and health. Read on to learn why you should consider replacing metal fillings with tooth-colored composite fillings.
The Benefits of Replacing Metal Fillings with Composite Fillings
There are many reasons to replace metal fillings with composite fillings. Not only are tooth-colored fillings more aesthetically pleasing than silver amalgam fillings, they are safer for your teeth. Here are just a few reasons that may convince you to replace metal fillings with tooth-colored composite fillings:
- Won't discolor teeth: Over time, silver amalgam fillings can actually discolor the teeth. Silver fillings can turn the surrounding tooth a noticeable grayish tint, something that won't happen with tooth-colored composite fillings.
- Won't fracture the teeth: Silver fillings are prone to expanding and contracting when exposed to hot and cold foods and drinks. This expansion and contraction can put stress on the walls of the surrounding tooth, leading to fractures and breakage. The composite resin used in tooth-colored fillings will not expand or contract, making it safer for your teeth.
- Aesthetically pleasing: Silver amalgam fillings are completely noticeable in an otherwise white smile. Composite fillings are a better option as they are custom shaded to perfectly match the surrounding teeth.
- Restores tooth strength: Metal fillings require a large amount of the tooth to be removed. Composite fillings bond directly to the teeth, preserving tooth structure and restoring dental strength.
- Longer lasting: Composite fillings are extremely durable, lasting as long as 15 years, whereas metal fillings generally last 10 years.
- Increased confidence: Metal fillings can be embarrassing and make you feel self-conscious when you smile. Composite fillings offer a seamless blend for a completely unnoticeable filling. With composite fillings, you can smile with the confidence of knowing all anyone sees is your pearly whites.
- Improved dental function: Metal fillings can leave the teeth weakened and damaged. Tooth-colored composite fillings are great option to restore teeth to their original health.
For some, replacing metal fillings with tooth-colored fillings may not be quite enough to completely restore the smile. Dr. Downey and his team offer many restorative dentistry treatments to improve dental appearance, function, and health. Conditions like missing teeth and broken teeth can be improved with restorative dentistry. Restorative dentistry treatments include porcelain crowns, dental implants, inlays, and onlays. With restorative dentistry treatments, you can have a flawless smile, regardless of the current state of your teeth.
Schedule a Consultation with Jason L. Downey, DDS Dentistry
Replace your metal fillings before they cause damage or discoloration to your teeth and enjoy a flawless smile with tooth-colored composite fillings. To find out which treatments are right for you as well as to discuss your personalized treatment plan, we welcome you to schedule a consultation today!