When it comes to choosing an orthodontic treatment, it's important to consider the advantages each offers over the rest. In truth, every orthodontic treatment has its own set of advantages that set it apart from other treatments. But the advantages that come with Invisalign have made it one of the most popular forms of orthodontic treatment today.
At Jason L. Downey DDS, we're proud to provide Invisalign to those around Las Vegas. If you're seeking a cosmetically discreet orthodontic treatment, or one that doesn't affect the quality of your daily life quite like braces, Invisalign might be right for you. Keep reading to learn 5 advantages of Invisalign!
Invisalign with Jason L. Downey DDS
Different from braces, Invisalign treatment utilizes clear plastic aligner trays. The biggest difference between these two types of treatments is that the aligner trays are removable. While you should wear your aligner trays for 22 hours per day for the best results, you have the luxury of eating and performing dental hygiene without the nuisance of fixed orthodontic brackets and archwires.
When you pursue Invisalign with Dr. Downey, you'll receive your first set of aligner trays after an initial consultation and digital impression. From there, you'll switch to a set of aligner trays every week to facilitate the alignment process. But don't fret, with some careful planning, you can receive several sets of aligner trays at a time to avoid so many visits to the office!
5 Advantages of Invisalign
- Cosmetically Discreet: One of Invisalign's biggest selling points is that the clear aligner trays are practically invisible to the outside eye. For those who avoid braces because of their cosmetic downsides, Invisalign is a great option!
- Eat What you Want: With Invisalign, you'll remove your aligner trays whenever you eat. That means you can eat practically anything you want, including hard or chewy foods that you'd otherwise have to avoid with fixed braces.
- No Added Hygiene Steps: Additionally, the removable trays make hygiene the same as it would be without an orthodontic treatment. With braces, you need to spend extra time with hygiene, using special tools like floss threaders to get underneath the archwire.
- Improved Comfort: While Invisalign is going to be uncomfortable at first, it's said to be more comfortable overall than braces. You'll switch aligner trays every week, but the adjustments will be subtle throughout the treatment, unlike the discomfort that comes from tightening wires with braces.
- Potentially Shorter Treatment: While treatment times vary from person to person, Invisalign has the potential to be much faster than treatment by braces, which can take upwards of 5 years in the most extreme circumstances.
Seeking Invisalign in Las Vegas?
If these Invisalign advantages have you convinced, don't hesitate to contact our Las Vegas dental office today! You can call us at 702-871-4903 to schedule a consultation today! You can also contact us here.